*Before applying for financing please note that we operate in GA.
Get a real-time decision with just 5 pieces of info.
Frequently Asked Questions
APPLICATION AND SIGN UP
- How do I sign up for Affirm?
There are two ways to sign up for Affirm:
Create an Affirm account at www.affirm.com/account in just a few easy steps; or.
Select Affirm as your payment method while checking out with any Affirm online merchant partner.
- What is required to have an Affirm account?
To sign up for Affirm, you must:
- Be 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska).
- Provide a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address. Buy with Affirm is not currently available to Iowa or West Virginia residents.
- Provide a valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number and agree to receive SMS texts.
- Provide your full name, email address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number to help us verify your identity.
- Does Affirm perform a credit check?
Yes, when you first create an Affirm account, we perform a ‘soft’ credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This ‘soft’ credit check will not affect your credit score.
If you apply for more loans with Affirm, we may perform additional ‘soft’ credit checks to ensure that we offer you the best financing options possible.
Does Affirm report to credit bureaus?
Yes, when you first create an Affirm account, we perform a ‘soft’ credit check to help verify your identity and determine your eligibility for financing. This ‘soft’ credit check will not affect your credit score. If you apply for more loans with Affirm, we may perform additional ‘soft’ credit checks to ensure that we offer you the best financing options possible.
HOW TO USE AFFIRM
- How do I use / Buy With Affirm?
Affirm offers clear, simple financing for your online purchases in just a few clicks:
- Fill your cart and select the Affirm payment option on the merchant's checkout page.
- Enter a few basic pieces of information to identify yourself. We'll let you know if you are approved for a loan in real time.
- Review your payment plan details and click confirm to finalize the loan. Once you’re done, your purchase will be on its way. That's it! Just remember to pay your bills on or before their due dates or sign up for autopayment at www.affirm.com/pay.
- Why was I prompted for a down payment?
We aren't always able to approve financing for the full amount of a purchase. When this happens, you will have the option of using a debit card to pay for the rest of your purchase. Regrettably, the down payment amount can’t be changed.
Why was my purchase with Affirm not approved?
While we strive to offer all creditworthy applicants financing with Affirm, we simply aren’t able to approve every loan application. If we aren’t able to approve your application, we will immediately notify you of our decision and denial reason via a secured message.
What is the status of my purchase?
Once you have completed your checkout and confirm the purchase with Affirm, your purchase is sent to the merchant for processing. Please contact the merchant for any updates on the status of your purchase.
Why is my loan still being processed?
Your loan will be in a “Merchant Processing Order” state while the merchant finalizes your purchase. Some merchants won’t finalize your purchase until they are ready to ship your item(s). We’ll let you know when your purchase has been finalized and your first bill is due. To view the status of your Affirm loan(s) , please visit your Affirm account at www.affirm.com/account.
- Are there any penalties for paying off my loan early?
No, there are no prepayment penalties or fees for paying off your loan early. Also, if you pay off your entire loan before the final due date, you will pay interest only for the period that you borrowed the money. Affirm rebates any unearned portion of the finance charge for the remaining loan period. To see the total pay-off amount, go to your Affirm account and click on ‘Make Payment’.
- What are my payment options?
When you make a purchase of $250 or more with Affirm, you can pay over 6, 12 or 18 months.
- Are there any interest or fees associated with Affirm loans?
Affirm loans vary between 10% and 30% APR simple interest (0% APR is offered at select merchants). The corresponding finance charge is the only fee associated with an Affirm loan - we don’t charge late fees, service fees, prepayment fees, or any other hidden fees. We strive always to be more transparent and fair than any other form of financing.
- Do I have a credit limit with Affirm?
Unlike a credit card, Affirm is not a revolving line of credit. While customers can take out multiple Affirm loans at once, each Affirm loan application is evaluated separately as a closed-end transaction. An application from a returning customer may be denied, however, if that customer has failed to repay other Affirm loans on time or if the customer shows excessive borrowing behavior.
- When are my bills due?
Your first monthly payment will be due one calendar month from the date your loan is processed. We will send you an email and SMS text message to confirm all of your billing due dates.
Each monthly payment will be due on the same day of the month throughout the loan period. For example, if you obtain a loan with three monthly payments on January 1st, your first, second, and third payments will be due February 1st, March 1st, and April 1st respectively.
Will you send me billing reminders?
Affirm will send you email and SMS text messages to remind you of upcoming payments.
Where can I review my Affirm account and purchases?
You can review current and past loans, make payments, and enable automatic payments at www.affirm.com/account.
What can I do with the Affirm mobile app?
The Affirm app lets you manage your account and payments on the go. The app also lets you buy now and pay over time for new purchases—almost anywhere online and in select stores. Just request an Affirm virtual card and use it to make your purchase.
Subject to credit check and approval. Down payment may be required. For purchases under $250, limited payment options are available.
Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, Member FDIC.